1. Tessellation in my own words is a collage of the same picture mirroring in a pattern that makes a funky shape that reoccurs.
2. To make the tessellations I went into photoshop, cropped the image to the side that fit in the guides (i.e.. 1, 4, 2 in.), moved them into the guides and made it so every picture is a mirror image of the one next to it. I would move it vertical and horizontal until it matched perfectly.
3. What I liked about this is how an image that may not be "beautiful" before, tuns into something very beautiful and creative. My favorite image is the one of the purple flowers.
4. I struggled with keeping a pattern together. Sometimes I would move it vertical when really it had to be horizontal, and vise versa.
5. If I did it again, I would use a system and memorize what goes where so that it would be a faster process.