1. If I had to explain what a mandala is in my own words, I would explain it as circular outline of a reoccurring photo that mirrors itself. A lot like a tessellation, but in circle pattern instead.
2. How did I make the mandalas?
I went into the photoshop app and I opened up a tab for the mandala template and the picture that was going to be used in the mandala. I then used the magic wand tool and selected a piece of the mandala and used the move tool to move it over to where in the picture want the mandala to be. I then copied and duplicated the layer and used the transform button to make it fit each triangle perfectly. Finally, i merged layers and ended up changing the background color with the paint can tool.
3. My favorite mandala was the one with the maroon background. I really liked this project because it turned an ordinary picture into a masterpiece.
4. I struggled with copying some of the layers, but I eventually got the hang of it and made it look perfect.
5. If I had to do it again I would copy two layers together and just copy and paste those to make the process faster.